Re: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature #307495: GNOME default
  • From: "Kevin \"Yeaux\" Dupuy" <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:47:43 -0500
On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 09:22 -0600, Joe Harmon wrote:
On 8/24/2009 at 06:26 AM, "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
But, please -- we all have better things to do than squabble over
this. We have a release coming up in November that can use some
testing love, for example -- and arguing over a default desktop isn't
going to make 11.2 even a tiny bit better. We've already lost a
ridiculous amount of time on this feature and probably driven a number
of people off the -project mailing list because of the huge amount of
noise related to this issue.

If that is truly the case then that does that say about the decision that was
made. Doesn't that mean it would have been better to have left things as they
were if we feel like this whole discussion and decision was a loss of time?

+1

The time that was lost and that will continue to be lost until this is
solved using a common sense approach (NOT wisdom of the mob and one
person's decision) is the responsibility of those who brought this
decision up when openSUSE has long had the best comprimise approach we
can have while not alienating one half of the community.

I disagree about using openFATE to discuss this. This is much more of a
community decision than a technical one. In fact, it's political
discussions like this that I thought the community-elected Board was
supposed to get involved with, instead of one person deciding, no matter
how much I respect that person's work.
--
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy
openSUSE Project Member