Re: [opensuse-project] Decision making transparency ...
  • From: Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:26:16 +0100
Hi Henne,

On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 13:45 +0200, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Agreed. This is something we can discuss.

Great :-)

This would mean we need a new election for a new openSUSE board because
this changes the scope of what the board is supposed to do.

Seems reasonable to me.

People want to vote differently as they did the last time, if we are
talking about technical responsibility. I know i would. People also
would want to reconsider their candidacy if we are talking about
technical responsibility. I know i would.

Um; the current decision was the most -incredibly- non-technical
decision, Pepsi vs. Coca-Cola by voting; honestly. I don't suggest
taking any technical decision making away from maintainers, therein lies
madness - but it is clear that this is a decision, that is fundamentally
political.

Why would anything change anything for conferences? We always present
both desktops at conferences. We always hand out promo DVD's that
contain both desktop as live media.

Sounds good to me,

Regards,

Michael.