Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: "Christian Jäger" <christian.jaeger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: 25 Aug 2009 22:35:08 +0200
Am Dienstag, den 25.08.2009, 22:11 +0200 schrieb Fabrice:

all DE are still available, other distros are gnome default why would it be
so
strange or unusual or damaging when it is said that the vast majority of
users
are using such a DE to say it's default --but can be changed anytime-- (??)
Please Help me to understand or move on, thanks ;)

This is exactly it. 'Other distros are GNOME default' is like saying 'go
away and use Ubuntu then'. This is my major gripe; the indifference of
KDE users about the concerncs of their 'fellow' GNOME users in the
openSUSE community.

And, though this is of secondary importance, talk about how defaults
might be changed to GNOME one day is hollow. By setting a default DE you
have changed the rules to perpetuate and strengthen KDE dominance of
openSUSE's userbase.

And do you know what happened when I created a feature on openFATE to
default GNOME for the next development cylce? It got rejected on the
first day and arrogant and insulting comments in abundance. SOME
equality, indeed!