[opensuse-project] Re: Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:52:05 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:16:45 +0200, Will Stephenson wrote:

Like you I agree that SLE should not be part of this discussion, but I
wish to refute your impression in case anyone else adopts it; I and the
other KDE people at Novell who participated in this discussion have
studiously avoided making any such claim, or more generally using SLE
for leverage in this argument.

Thanks for that clarification, Will.

Please don't denigrate this change by saying it's really about something
irrelevant to openSUSE.

Please understand that is not my intention; if I had somehow gotten a
mistaken impression, then it's "my bad". I don't recall who it was who
had suggested that this change was to "balance" the SLE decision, but I
do remember that statement pretty clearly. I'm OK with the decision as
it stands and it is absolutely not my intention to revisit it.

My intention was just to point out to Gerard that it's possible that some
got that impression, and with that impression in mind (mistaken or not),
it's easy to see the discussion as "SLE was used to justify this to some
extent, but we won't now use SLE as part of the metric because the
decision has been made.". I'm not saying this is the reality, but it may
be the impression given.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson