Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:16:45 +0200
On Tuesday 25 August 2009 18:29:03 Jim Henderson wrote:
I do tend to agree that SLE *shouldn't* be dragged into the discussion,
but my impression of the earlier discussion was that that was a large
part of the reason the KDE devs who participated were saying (at least in
part) openSUSE needs to make KDE the default desktop in the installer -
because SLE makes GNOME the default desktop

Like you I agree that SLE should not be part of this discussion, but I wish to
refute your impression in case anyone else adopts it; I and the other KDE
people at Novell who participated in this discussion have studiously avoided
making any such claim, or more generally using SLE for leverage in this
argument.

In Message-Id: <200907311726.30995.wstephenson@xxxxxxx> I mention SLED to
emphasise that #306967 does not propose a no-choice solution like SLED.

Nor have the openSUSE community on the KDE side of the Gap Chasm made demands
based on SLE either.

In Message-Id: <200908062157.40238.sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx> Sven mentions SLED
as an example of a 'message' alienating the KDE community, but does not go any
further

Please don't denigrate this change by saying it's really about something
irrelevant to openSUSE.

Will