Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Gerald Pfeifer <gp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:21:37 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Sven Burmeister wrote:
I think you missed the point. I was talking about perception of decisions and
not how they actually come about. I may repeat myself: "If people inside and
outside the community do not see openSUSE and SLE as
mostly unrelated, then this question is surely not a distraction but crucial
to understand how decisions regarding any Novell product or investment are
perceived by others and hence their impact on the discussions lead in the
community."

Yes, and perception is not going to change and match reality as long as
SUSE Linux Enterprise is being dragged onto the scene. :-)

(Hence I would claim that this question and asking about SUSE Linux
Enterprise in the context of the openSUSE desktop discussion _are_ a
distraction.)

Gerald
--
Dr. Gerald Pfeifer E gp@xxxxxxxxxx SUSE Linux Products GmbH
Director Product Management F +49(911)74053-483 HRB 16746 (AG Nuremberg)