RE: [opensuse-project] Decision making transparency ...
This would mean we need a new election for a new openSUSE board because
this changes the scope of what the board is supposed to do.

no mergency. This could way next ballot :-)

I don't say I favor the proposition, but openSUSE community can evolve
(and must, probably)

I don't understand how the question of whether there should be a default DE,
and what it should be, has turned into "we need a new openSuSE board".

I, for one, have not lost faith in the board or the decision making process.
I think the decision making process worked as it should.

David