Re: [opensuse-project] ML creation to discuss and form a openSUSE group
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 10:54:45 -0600
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Karl Fischer wrote:
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 06:48, Boyd Lynn Gerber<gerberb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Avoiding of flame wars and off topic discussions.  I have found that when it
takes a little more work/effort the trolls seem to not bother to subscribe
to an other ML.  Only those truely interested and with a desire to do
something tend to subscribe.

It tends to be a filter that works.

Flamewars in any project are unavoidable. People have opinions :)

I know they are. It just has been my experience that a ML for the specific task seems to work better. I received over 50 private emails asking me to take this discussion off list and just for those that were really interested. Hence the creation of the ML.

Have you logged your requests in OpenFate ?
https://features.opensuse.org/
I'm sure it will get some attention there.

It was and it was rejected.

https://features.opensuse.org/306982

I am tired of all the hopla. I want to get this going. Wading the waters between those that want this and those that don't is a task. I originally wanted to keep everything on this opensuse-project ML. Having received more emails to take it off list than posted to the list, I was not sure what to do. I thought that only posting summaries of what has happened and RFC would be a middle ground. So please let's do what ever the group wants.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx> 801 849-0213