Re: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature #307495: GNOME default
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:05:05 +0200
On Monday 24 August 2009 17:22:19 Joe Harmon wrote:
On 8/24/2009 at 06:26 AM, "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

But, please -- we all have better things to do than squabble over
this. We have a release coming up in November that can use some
testing love, for example -- and arguing over a default desktop isn't
going to make 11.2 even a tiny bit better. We've already lost a
ridiculous amount of time on this feature and probably driven a number
of people off the -project mailing list because of the huge amount of
noise related to this issue.

If that is truly the case then that does that say about the decision that
was made. Doesn't that mean it would have been better to have left things
as they were if we feel like this whole discussion and decision was a loss
of time?

Just because you're wasting time re-discussing it now doesn't reduce the
feature to a "loss of time". But you can make it less of a net benefit to
openSUSE by tying up contributors' time in chewing it over again with you.

Will