RE: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature #307495: GNOME default
I really think we need to accept Michael's decision for the time being
as the discussion and time being spent on proposals and discussion of
this issue are far more distracting than just living with a default
for a release or two that may not reflect everyone's preference.

I'd agree strongly, and suggest we do something for 11.3 about the two
outstanding issues:

1) What are the criteria for choosing the default desktop? Who is
materially affected and what is the effect on openSuSE of the decision?

2) Collecting the statistics necessary to make the default an objective
decision rather than subjective.

I've create an openFATE entry 307499 for the discussion and contributions
surrounding the first issue. The second needs to follow on when the first
is settled.

David