Re: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature #307495: GNOME default
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:26:31 -0400
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 4:16 AM, Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The Pandora's Box has been opened......... :-D

So let's close it. (I'm ignoring the parallel to the myth here,
because everyone knows once you open Pandora's box...)

Folks - the decision is not one that makes everyone happy. We know
this. It's *impossible* to make a decision that will satisfy everyone
in this discussion.

But, please -- we all have better things to do than squabble over
this. We have a release coming up in November that can use some
testing love, for example -- and arguing over a default desktop isn't
going to make 11.2 even a tiny bit better. We've already lost a
ridiculous amount of time on this feature and probably driven a number
of people off the -project mailing list because of the huge amount of
noise related to this issue.

Thanks,

Zonker
--