Re: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature #307495: GNOME default
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:31:46 +0200
Hi,

Christian Jäger wrote:
Am Montag, den 24.08.2009, 11:11 +0200 schrieb Henne Vogelsang:
Christian Jäger wrote:

as it now seems to be practice th on default desktop environment and
other politicking are introduced by majority votes on openSUSE's feature
request portal

You completely misunderstood the process. And as you did you can close
this feature again because it serves no other purpose then mocking the
decision.

Henne, you might have overlooked it, but these feature requests are
filed for openSUSE 11.3, not 11.2.

I did not :)

So, as KDE proponents pointed to the popularity of their 'feature
request' in order to get their way in 11.2, why aren't GNOME users
allowed to vote for their desktop for 11.3?

I told you now 2 times, let me tell you again. It is not about the
popularity of the feature. Let me quote the openFATE documentation:

"Votes on a feature will help to indicate the importance of a feature
but aren't the sole source to make a decision."

The way we make decision at the moment is pretty clear: If there is no
consensus, the openSUSE Productmanager decides. Michl decided this now
based on all arguments brought up. The feature holds no new arguments so
Michl won't decide differently.

I completely understand that you don't agree with the decision. And
thats ok. It is not ok to not accept the decision. The decision by the
responsible person is the step where this process has to stop.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson