Re: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature #307495: GNOME default
  • From: "Christian Jäger" <christian.jaeger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: 24 Aug 2009 14:09:30 +0200
Henne, you might have overlooked it, but these feature requests are
filed for openSUSE 11.3, not 11.2.

It was promised that the 'KDE default' decision for openSUSE 11.2 would
not mean that openSUSE would default KDE for all eternity but that GNOME
would have a chance to become defaulted when it became more popular in
the future.

So, as KDE proponents pointed to the popularity of their 'feature
request' in order to get their way in 11.2, why aren't GNOME users
allowed to vote for their desktop for 11.3? Why have you permitted that
'KDE default' feature request for 11.2 but rejected the 'GNOME default'
request on day 1? Doesn't seem like equal treatment to me...

Please note that in my mind openFATE is not at all meant for that kind
of discussion and that in my mind the KDE request should have been
rejected outright. But when it came to KDE, it seemed alright to have a
popularity vote; why isn't it alright for GNOME, one could wonder.