Re: [opensuse-project] ML creation to discuss and form a openSUSE group
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 22:35:36 -0600
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Satoru Matsumoto wrote:
Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
I wish to avoid cluttering the openSUSE ML's. So I have created this
email list to discuss and form this group.

We will post back in RFC to the opensuse-project ML.

I have created an email list for those interested discussing and
working together to create a set of guidelines and responsibities.
So If you want to join this list you can goto

Sorry Boyd, I can't clearly see the reason why you established those
independent lists and the group. What are the purposes and benefits you
expect ?

I received several complaints that I should take this off list and come back once I have an RFC to present to the group.

IMHO, if you think the topics are of considerable value, you don't need to hesitate to post them to this list and don't need to be afraid of cluttering the list. When people consider the posted topics neither interesting nor important, they would just ignore them.

If you consider the topics that you are going to discuss in those lists
worth a lot to whole openSUSE project/community and want to involve as
much persons as possible in the discussion, why don't you directly post
them to this list ?

I do think they are extremely important. I really do not want to flood the either ML with the ammount of discussion I see involded in these efforts. I am trying to appease the majority of people. I had over 30 email telling me that this would be better done off the reqular openSUSE ML's. That combined with feed back on IRC on the opensuse-server channel. This way we will be able to provide a group consenses in the form of a RFC for more discussion.

This lists are in my mind a form of a stearing committee, to shepard the process. Doing this will please the mojority of emails I received and allow a united presentation to the group.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx> 801 849-0213