Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-announce] Creating a group of conserned Users and Novell partners/longer life time for openSUSE... (LONG POST)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 12:37:13 +0200
Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:

[big snip]
We SMB's really do not have the time to really customize a SLE(D,S) on
our own for each industry. We are forced to specialize. Hence this
group to pool all our resources to from a united front to offer a
Novell alternitive to the current precived best choice Red Hat
alternitive that already has a large community and CentOS to RHEL path
that looks really good to many business.

Wait. Which SMBs are we talking about - the end-user or the
consultancy? I thought we were talking about the end-user. My company
doesn't sell or provide openSUSE to anyone - nor SLED/S for that matter.
We are an openSUSE user, we use openSUSE as our core platform for
servers and desktop.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich