Statistics (Was Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default)
  • From: "Joe Harmon" <jharmon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:53:37 -0600
On 8/21/2009 at 11:13 AM, "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think it would be more interesting to know how many have just one DE
versus multiple DE's.

Count me in there. I install multiple DE's on most machines as a
matter of course. This machine has KDE 4.3 and GNOME and Xfce. My
laptop for travel has KDE & GNOME. My netbook has (right now) Moblin.

One could still gather information about what Login Manager they are using if
they are using mulitple DE's and that would give an idea of what Desktop they
are using.

GDM+Gnome+KDE=Multiple Desktop with Gnome as primary
KDM+Gnome+KDE=Multiple Desktop with KDE as primary.