Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Jason Perlow <jperlow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:56:49 -0400
Just out of curiosity, where does the openSUSE project have metrics
that prove that "Most openSUSE users use KDE"?

Oh and I, I just joined the list.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Joe Harmon <jharmon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 8/21/2009 at 01:47 AM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think these two are absolutely good. We have to have a default. It's
Kde because most openSUSE users use Kde. If ever Gnome become the
prefered choice, the change in the default seems to be obvious

I have been staying out of these for a little bit but I don't agree with this
statement. We don't HAVE to have a choice, we are choosing to have a choice.
And I don't see gnome becoming the preferred choice with KDE selected as the
default.

Jason Perlow
jperlow@xxxxxxxxx
(201)735-5838

Twitter: http://twitter.com/jperlow

Technology Columnist, ZDNet Tech Broiler (http://blogs.zdnet.com/perlow)

Blogger/Podcaster, Off The Broiler (http://www.offthebroiler.com)

LinkedIn Public Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonperlow
Sent from Wappingers Falls, New York, United States