Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Dean Hilkewich <deans.mail.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:39:00 -0600
Jim Henderson wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:16:08 -0600, Dean Hilkewich wrote:

I would have to disagree. This has been a very reasonable decision.

I agree with you, Dean. As one of the more outspoken GNOME proponents in
the discussion, I feel that while the discussion did get heated at times,
the end result is a decision that - at least speaking for myself - I can
live with. That consideration was given to all points of view and a
decision was not unilaterally made without input from the community shows
that community input is important to the process.

None of us are going to "get our way" all the time, and I agree that it
does little good to further polarize the community by resorting to saying
things like "bullying works".

So now we move forward.

Jim

I would also have to say that all de's that are available on the media
should be on the main selection screen as well without having to unhide
them. They could also create their own video showing off their stuff
and have a preview on the site as well.

Dean