Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:50:44 +0200
Am Donnerstag 20 August 2009 schrieb Martin Schlander:
Torsdag den 20. august 2009 15:56:58 skrev Michael Loeffler:
we will default the radio button to KDE in the DVD installer. Therefore,
with openSUSE 11.2 release, the KDE desktop will be installed if the
user accepts the default setting. Users can also choose the GNOME desktop
at this stage.

Wise decision. Thank you.

You didn't address a couple of the important details ;-)

Will a similar solution (pre-selected radiobutton) be applied to live-CD
downloads via software.o.o, which currently suffers from the same problems
as the dvd installer.

I think the download page is excellent for those who want to stress the
"more screenshots and texts" part - it's just HTML. So just come up with
HTML material we can link there.

On the download page we will continue to preselect the DVD as that's another
item out of the survey: people use openSUSE for the 4.7G of it :)

Greetings, Stephan