Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Dean Hilkewich <deans.mail.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:44:48 -0600
On 09/08/20 10:35 AM, Sankar P wrote:

Well, If pictures are not enough to impress people, people wont make
posters or wallpapers or splash screens ;)
Show me a picture that shows usability. Show me a picture that shows features, etc. It really can't be done. If you want screen shots see the respective projects where you will get a better comprehensive coverage then any installer time screen pic can allow.
Consider from usability perspective. "Watch this video before you
install" will sound tiring, whereas seeing a picture is faster and
imho its impact is not as trivial as you might expect.
Of course if you word it like a dolt in a fashion that relays, you must watch before installing it won't be a good option. Word it as "If you wish to see the desktops in action then click here.
May be we can add a line: "Try the Live CD first with the two desktops
before installation" etc.
Uhhuh that's fine unless your on slow net connection and to waste even more time.
oh , wait, I think I have taken a stand that Screenshots are better
and defending it now ;) I think it is high time I stop making this
therad into, yet another useless thread that is impossible to follow.

I suggest for a screenshot feature in the installation screen. Let the
people who can make decisions decide if it is worthy. :-)

Another alternative is to have video's and pics on the net on the desktop. Oh, wait, yup, they are already there for people to preview with a already working OS on their system.

Dean