Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Sankar P <sankar.curiosity@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 22:05:28 +0530
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Dean
Hilkewich<deans.mail.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/08/20 10:14 AM, Sankar P wrote:

A screenshot alone does not do any justice to the usability, features,
applications, etc etc of the desktops.  A video presentation may be able to
give a good indicator but no worded or picture description can do any
justice to either de.

Well, If pictures are not enough to impress people, people wont make
posters or wallpapers or splash screens ;)

Consider from usability perspective. "Watch this video before you
install" will sound tiring, whereas seeing a picture is faster and
imho its impact is not as trivial as you might expect.

May be we can add a line: "Try the Live CD first with the two desktops
before installation" etc.

oh , wait, I think I have taken a stand that Screenshots are better
and defending it now ;) I think it is high time I stop making this
therad into, yet another useless thread that is impossible to follow.

I suggest for a screenshot feature in the installation screen. Let the
people who can make decisions decide if it is worthy. :-)

--
Sankar P
http://psankar.blogspot.com