Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Sankar P <sankar.curiosity@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:44:46 +0530
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Andreas Jaeger<aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 20 August 2009 17:32:30 Sankar P wrote:
[...]
Even if you choose,  "KDE as the default",  What is wrong in showing
the screenshots of the two desktops, so that a completely un-informed
new user coming from windows, can choose whichever desktop that
appeals to him ?

If somebody does this in a good way, let's use it.

I remember that a single screenshot will not help, it's not that easy - we
need several screenshots and text.  I suggest to start on the wiki with this
and then let's see what to include during the installation (if this is
possible at all),

Why single-screenshot will not help ? Since you say, "I remember" ,
Was this ever usability-tested previously ? (Due to the sensitivity of
the topic, it might appear I am confronting you, but really just
interested in knowing if there is any :-) )

I (personal opinion) believe atleast this screenshot presenting should
be made to give some amount of fairness to Gnome, before KDE is
selected by default.

--
Sankar P
http://psankar.blogspot.com