Re: [opensuse-project] More Support for the openSUSE Project
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Richard (MQ) wrote:
That's still true :( - I'm disappointed as much by the
less-than-transparent decision processes and the off-the-cuff
"announcement" as the fact itself. Are any of these three
endorsed by the board?

I believe it is important to understand what an increasingly open project
which is not "owned" by anyone means: There is not much for the board to
endorse if one of the contributors decides to change where or how she
contributes. Like if Beineri were to switch towards maintaining fvwm95
instead of KDE. Or like Novell focusing on other areas than ppc. Or like
a developer coming up with a cool new tool like cnetworkmanager or cnf on
his own initiative, without any grand plan nor some official endorsement.

Now, communications and transparency are a different question and that is
something we as a project (openSUSE) and we as a contributor (Novell) need
to keep working on. That's why this very list is so important for me. And
why I'll end with a shameless plug for
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Conf_2009
:-)

Gerald
--
Dr. Gerald Pfeifer E gp@xxxxxxxxxx SUSE Linux Products GmbH
Director Product Management F +49(911)74053-483 HRB 16746 (AG Nuremberg)