Re: [opensuse-project] More Support for the openSUSE Project
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:07:21 +0200

Let me add another example: ppc support. There has been no openSUSE 11.2
milestone release until now with ppc build/ISOs. From IRC project
meeting:

<michl> we (=Novell internal) don't plan to do ppc for 11.2

Why has this been not communicated properly if the decision has been
made? Just because of fear that SUSE Enterprise customers could be
confused? :-)

Ooops. This was asked numerous times on -ppc and -factory with no answer

:-( What is the reasoning behind it?

Yes, great :-(( - what a way to discover this. Please can we have a bit
more of an explanation?
Main reason gives the openSUSE statistics page [1] the number for ppc
installations:
ppc 0,3%
How definite is this decision?
We welcome and support anyone who wants to maintain and create the ppc
distribution for openSUSE but Novell won't maintain and create it anymore for
openSUSE.

Best

I am deeply disappointed!

Thanks,