Re: [opensuse-project] More Support for the openSUSE Project
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:56:56 +0200
Torsdag den 13. august 2009 12:22:28 skrev Stephan Binner:
On Thursday 13 August 2009 10:15:42 Karsten König wrote:
So imho the shortenend maintenance thing would have been a better place
to once again point out this lack of proper communication.

Let me add another example: ppc support. There has been no openSUSE 11.2
milestone release until now with ppc build/ISOs. From IRC project meeting:

<michl> we (=Novell internal) don't plan to do ppc for 11.2

Maybe all these significant changes (ppc droppage, 24->18 month update
support) should be bundled in one big announcement/news story along with the
"default desktop" decision - whatever that'll be.

Some effort should probably be made to put a positive spin on it. "openSUSE
becoming more streamlined and focused" or something like that.