Re: [opensuse-project] Core Teams and OBS
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:52:32 +0200
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 07:34:29AM +1000, Magnus Boman wrote:
Hello,

In the GNOME team, we currently trying to come up with a way to set the
bugowner so that the GNOME Core Team gets notified when bugreports are
created.
The only way I can see this be done, is to create a Novell account, an
email account and then add rules to forward incoming emails to people in
the Core Team.
Although possible, it is a bit inconvenient to have the above dummy
accounts.

It'd be nice if we:

* In users.o.o, the Team Owner, could create a group that gets assigned
an email address (ie, gnome-maintainers@xxxxxxxxxxxx), and add members
to this group. The group is basically a mailinglist

* In OBS, groups created in users.o.o can be used as bugowner

I thought of creating a FATE request for it, but it touches users.o.o,
OBS and the mailinglist infrastructure so not sure if we need 1 or 3
requests for it.

Comments?

You probably should know that bnc-team-gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx exists...

Its just that it gets so much bugreports every GNOME developer seems
to have unsubscribed or just filters it to /dev/null.

Ciao, Marcus