  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:25:16 +0200
Am Montag, 10. August 2009 10:58:30 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
Yes, but no. :) The decision process, in regard to which people or
committees are involved might differ, and yet even in that respect they
are related since some people work on both. However they should certainly
not differ in terms of the decision process being one of discussing
objective arguments. So if the question is the same, the same arguments
should be considered.

They are related and I talk with the SLE guys when making decisions. The
differences that influence decision making include:
* different type of users and markets
* different release cycles
* different level of support

So, this leads to different answers. As Gerald said, look at ext4 (default
for openSUSE 11.2, not pushed for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server), JFS
(available in openSUSE but not at all in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11).

Which is why I only stated that the same arguments should be considered, this
does not mean that the answers will be the same.

Sven