  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:05:51 +0200
Søndag den 9. august 2009 23:33:06 skrev Bryen M Yunashko:
On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 23:22 +0200, Martin Schlander wrote:
Søndag den 9. august 2009 22:57:49 skrev Bryen M Yunashko:
On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 22:50 +0200, Martin Schlander wrote:
I meant anti-GNOME sentiments might be fed by the strange and
unhelpful GNOME
favouritism.

I'm asking this question as objectively and impartially as I can,
because personally, I perceive a fairly equal amount of attention
between KDE and GNOME. What do you feel lends to an unhelpful
favouritism?

I think enough has been said about this before. If I repeat what I and
others have already said, the whole thing will just blow up again.

I only repsonded to Gerald's mail because what I had written could be
misinterpreted as an attack on current openSUSE management, and I wanted
to make clear that was not my intentions.

Well, as a board member, I have a great interest in these matters and
finding ways to resolve conflicts of perception. You may have attempted
to clear up an unintended attack to Gerald, but you closed that
statement with another attack.

Well, not a new "attack". Basically just restating what has been said from the
beginning.

That not having a default/preselection is quite unusual and unhelpful for the
project.

And that the historical default/preselection would not have been removed
without top-down, politically motivated, irrational favouritism.

The point was to clarify what I had meant with "...animosity against the
minority..." in the initial mail.