Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Draft of Desktop Policy
  • From: Karsten König <remur@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 22:28:13 +0200
Am Samstag, 8. August 2009 21:53:19 schrieb Claes Backstrom:
On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Rajko M.<rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't think that anybody will complain to have KDE
style file chooser dialogs in both, KDE and GNOME

So far I have not said anything about this. But now I have to (and
this mail made me to vote "No" on openFATE).
I choose to use Gnome because I like Gnome. I DO NOT use Gnome to have
the KDE style file chooser. We might have KDE as the default desktop
(in the future) , but that should not mean that we should start to
KDE'ify Gnome. If YOU would like a KDE file chooser in firefox then
you have to make one, to my understanding the reason that the file
chooser in firefox is the way it is, is because there is no other on
linux. It would not be a problem in openSUSE to handle two different
file choosers in firefox.

Come on both of you, this is not what the feature request is about
Rajko just changing the gtk filedialog to the qt filedialog layout would be
very disrespecting, if it bugs them they will sure do this themself, we don't
want them to dictate how usability in kde has to look either, taking a good
look at each others work sure doesn't hurt though.
And Claes it looks this way in firefox because it is the gtk filedialog, there
are alot of others on linux, but gtk is the natural choice here obviously as
firefox is gtk based...
There might be ways and reasons to modify the look in case firefox runs in a
KDE environment, but anything else is not kde's call, and even that might be
considered non proper by the firefox community (see debian...)

Karsten