Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Draft of Desktop Policy
  • From: Claes Backstrom <claes.backstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 21:53:19 +0200
On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Rajko M.<rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't think that anybody will complain to have KDE
style file chooser dialogs in both, KDE and GNOME

So far I have not said anything about this. But now I have to (and
this mail made me to vote "No" on openFATE).
I choose to use Gnome because I like Gnome. I DO NOT use Gnome to have
the KDE style file chooser. We might have KDE as the default desktop
(in the future) , but that should not mean that we should start to
KDE'ify Gnome. If YOU would like a KDE file chooser in firefox then
you have to make one, to my understanding the reason that the file
chooser in firefox is the way it is, is because there is no other on
linux. It would not be a problem in openSUSE to handle two different
file choosers in firefox.

Warm Regards (but not as warm as it usually is),
Claes Backstrom