Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Draft of Desktop Policy
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 14:33:55 -0500
On Friday 07 August 2009 02:32:18 am jdd (kim2) wrote:

Default Kde is not more (nor less) difficult to manage than Gnome
(look at the "save as" Gnome windows, one of the ugliest thing I have
ever seen, but Gnome have good points also).

Thanks for reminder.

It is actually Gtk interface, and as Firefox is for general web browsing much
better suited then Konqueror, I have to live with that one and more other,
monster dialogs and default selections.

The more confusing thing is than nobody can completely get rid of
Gnome or kde...

IMHO, thinking how to use better of 2 worlds in both KDE and GNOME would make
openSUSE the best distro. I don't think that anybody will complain to have KDE
style file chooser dialogs in both, KDE and GNOME, and btw, that will make:
- this and any future discussion about default desktop superfluous.
- openSUSE distinctively user friendly distro

I can remember that all applications in SUSE were like this, when KDE file
chooser dialogs were KDE and when in GNOME that all was GTk. I guess it was
dropped to save developers time, so now users of KDE have to learn 2 different
interfaces in order to run applications that are the best of both worlds.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://news.opensuse.org/category/people-of-opensuse/