  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 14:06:47 -0500
On Friday 07 August 2009 12:44:39 pm Administrator wrote:

From my reading of the exchanges, there are only a very small number of
people who are complaining loudly. Some people are putting forward
proposals for compromises. Most people are staying out of the ruckus.

Thanks to Matt Gray, I "found" the Toggle Statistics link and numbers behind.

The openFATE votes tell that 522 people voted, and only 8 neutral.
The whole 405 is pro and 109 against change.
The total number of the votes is reached after 12 days.

Easy Beagle removal has 204 votes, after 192 days.

That tells much about users feelings about the issue, and it seems that issue
is that users want all that SUSE was before KDE was moved to second place, as
a first step in a whole line of miscalculations, that led to current status
that keeps around only die hard SUSEaners.

While Ubuntu started way later then SUSE/openSUSE, by now, it is bigger then
all major distros taken together, specially looking at the interest generated
in Windows world. I'm pretty sure that skilled marketing - starting with
ability to order free CDs, is not all that makes it popular.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://news.opensuse.org/category/people-of-opensuse/