[opensuse-project] Best Proposal is AJ's with Check Boxes instead of radial
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 11:27:13 -0600
Hello,

I think after all the talk, Using AJ's Proposal with check boxes works...

Summary.

1. Modify Screnn with Text that makes it clear that both are equally
supported DE.
2. Change to check Boxes with KDE listed first and preselected.
3. Make it clear that the ordering is based on...
This means order may change in the future, but that ordering is based
On most popular of the community.

a) This makes it clear that the most popular DE will always be listed
first.
b) This avoids any political statements.
c) Treats both DE's equally.

4. This allows a new user to just click next.
5. Make links that if the network is setup, the user is able to go to the
various DE's home page to learn more to make the choice.
6. Possible small walk through the desktops to demostate them.

Personally I never liked having to make a choice here. I always have to go to the advanced modes and select the patterns I really want. As I have to have both to appease the various people using the machine.

I hope this will allow us to really focus on what is in 11.2 and stop wasting time and bandwidth rehashing the same old things.

Thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx> 801 849-0213