  • From: Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:25:23 +0200
On Aug 07, 09 10:11:57 -0600, Joe Harmon wrote:
One thing that I have come to see over the past couple of days is that
there is enough disagreement in the community on this issue to say "let's
just leave it like we have it". No matter what option we choose it will
have ramifications in the community.

Right. Who are we to know in advance, which button the user would
want to hit?

We cannot. Only the computer on which we do the install may have a chance
to 'know' that.
Each system should have a small config section, somewhere in the flash or
on the hard-disk. Later installs could review there, what was previously
installed. I know this is the ambitious, but it would be a start in making
things consistent.

cheers,
JW-

\ | 0911 74053-508 __/ (____/ /\