Re: [opensuse-project] User Survey
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 07:17:13 -0400
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Michael Loeffler<michl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
some general feedback on the survey and the discussion:

- I'd suggest to do a survey with the openSUSE 11.2 release or very close by
to have current results for the development of openSUSE 11.3

I'd prefer to have the results sooner -- maybe in time for the
openSUSE conference so we can discuss them there.

- for which software do you use? we should implement feature #305877 and
would get always more current results

Yes, we should. (For those who didn't feel like going to openFATE,
this is the "popularity contest" feature based on Debian/Ubuntu's
popcon)

- maybe our surveys are not the best or just reach to openSUSE core people
but they are much better then not digging for information. And with having
several thousand people answering I'm pretty sure we reach more then the
inner circle.

Or we have a very large inner circle... :-)

- we should change just a few questions to keep comparability with older
surveys

Agreed

- the survey shouldn't be any longer than the previous ones

Also agreed.

Best,

Zonker
--