Re: Please stop dividing the community and spread love instead (was: Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Draft of Desktop Policy)
  • From: Karsten König <remur@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 12:12:28 +0200
Thanks, I totally agree this is not advancing anybodies position, but only
splitting the community.

Am Freitag, 7. August 2009 12:03:13 schrieb Vincent Untz:
(Replying to the last mail from the thread, but this is not a reply to
Lubos; and this is my last mail today on the topic)

Can everybody please calm down, and at least wait 30 minutes before
replying to mails on this thread? Most replies at the moment are just
stating the same things again and again; it's fine to have a discussion
where people disagree, and it's fine to accept it as such. Being the
last one to give your arguments again won't make you the "winner" of the
debate.

I'll just point out that this thread has been dividing our community,
wasting our time and energy (since everybody keeps replying), and is
definitely harming us right now.

I'm quite hopeful that this is not what people want to achieve here (or
maybe I'm just naive?). I for one definitely want to send a positive
message to (and from) our community, I want it to be friendly, welcoming
and inclusive.

Thanks,

Vincent

PS: people who'll interpret this message as "there should be no
default", or "the default should be X" should read it again. And again.
Thanks.