Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Draft of Desktop Policy
  • From: "Christian Jäger" <christian.jaeger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: 7 Aug 2009 12:02:00 +0200
Am Freitag, den 07.08.2009, 10:45 +0100 schrieb Michael Meeks:

Well, many different arguments have been put for this change; but IMHO
doing this to salve a KDE community perception problem is perhaps the
lamest rational I've heard.

Indeed, are there not other, more constructive ways to improve people's
perception of openSUSE ? Do you not agree that the immediate perception
problem can be in part addressed by a more fair ordering (based on
popularity), and more helpful descriptive text explaining that ?

Indeed, the whole issue seems so pathetic, so pettiful to me, that I
cannot believe this is what it's really about.

In the end, we will probably have KDE at the top and no default - as has
been the case for the Live-CDs all the time. And have GNOME users been
complaining about this 'preference' for KDE? I think not. I for one
would feel petty if I were complaining about such a thing.

And even if it wasn't petty, one doesn't complain about not getting a
bigger share of the cake than one's little brother! One doesn't demand
that the leader of a group must be a man when there's more men than
women in a group! And one certainly doesn't say that the other party
doesn't DESERVE equal treatment because it is smaller!

If we are to continue living and working in the same (openSUSE)
community we all must practice good neighbourship and be civil with each
other.

Greets,
Chris