Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Draft of Desktop Policy
  • From: "Christian Jäger" <christian.jaeger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: 7 Aug 2009 11:51:40 +0200
Am Freitag, den 07.08.2009, 10:40 +0100 schrieb Matt Gray:

That is ridiculous, the opensuse KDE desktop is no easier and no harder
to learn and operate than the opensuse Gnome desktop.

Yes, sorry, KDE is not user-unfriendly. I only wanted to show that your
argument of 'simplicity' can very easily be turned against you and lead
to demanding the opposite of what you are aiming for. I should know that
sarcasm doesn't come across in a mail.

As said, you CAN'T make the choice of desktop FOR the user because the
choice between two desktop environments is as basic as the decision
between Windows and Linux. It influences everything from workflow to
look & feel.

Greets,
Chris