Re: [opensuse-project] What you vote, and what you DON'T vote on - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 08:50:40 +0000
Hi Michael,

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 00:03 +0200, Michael Loeffler wrote:
a) the openSUSE Board as of the Guiding Principles [1] is not supposed
to make decisions but recommendations:

Wow; really ? so when it says "The board should document decisions and
policies." - it basically has a secretarial role of writing down the
decisions made by others ? :-) is there any kind of decision it can
make ?

* Act as a central point of contact
* Help resolve conflicts
* Communicate community interests to Novell

A large part of this debate is framed in terms of "what the community
wants", "obeying the will of the community, as expressed in openFATE"
and so on :-) As such, it would be interesting to hear the board's
recommendation on this topic.

Anyhow - I'm glad you're committed to talking to the board before
making your decision - and I look forward to closure on this topic.
Personally, I (and perhaps you?) would feel far happier if the board
were collectively responsible for such charged decisions - and find it
hard to believe we created a 'board' with no executive authority ? :-)

Regards,

Michael.

--
michael.meeks@xxxxxxxxxx <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot