[opensuse-project] openSUSE on EC2: Any further information?
  • From: Mark V <mvyver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 17:46:38 +1000
Hi,
Unfortunately I didn't archive this information, but I am sure I read
a meeting minute, in the last few weeks, that indicated someone was
looking at getting openSUSE to run on Amazon's EC2.... openFATE only
shows a request to include eucalyptus in 11.2

Without reviving the woes of previous false starts, I do have some questions:
1) Is it intended that the current state-of-affairs persist, i.e.
only private/3rd-party SLES images are available, or will there be
publicly (community) available images of openSUSE?
2) Is there intended to be something like Ubuntu's EC2 beta
'community', e.g. their mail list and launchpad?
3) Are there specific reasons that SLES can run on EC2 but not
openSUSE? Anything the community can do to change this?

Would appreciate any insights anyone can offer.

Mark