Re: [opensuse-project] More policy issues ...
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 21:24:28 -0500
On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 04:14 +0200, Graham Anderson wrote:
On Thursday 06 August 2009 12:08:06 Michael Meeks wrote:
I've no idea what Vincent can live with :-) but this choice seems
sub-optimal to me. It also, as has been raised several times, rather
unwisely upsets one side of a very expensively agreed internal balance:
the other side of which was (AFAIR) to continue to include KDE inside
the SLE product family. It would perhaps be sensible to re-visit both
sides of that decision concurrently - although such business decisions
are clearly an internal matter.

Are you not-so-subtely trying to hint something? The tone of your wording
disgusts me, it appears to me like some kind of veiled threat. Grow a pair or
stop FUD'ing.

What you appear to be suggesting works both ways. Consider that, really,
please do.

Cool your jets. You overly misread into what Michael was saying. He's
merely speaking from his own internal experience and did not put out any
threat. All he said was let's visit some decisions of the past. And
that any decisions impacting SLE are the domain of Novell, which is fine
with me. SLE and openSUSE are not the same products and here in the
openSUSE realm, we, the Community, have greater influence in the Project
itself.

Let's not start pointing FUD'ing fingers at each other. This debate
clearly has exposed some raw emotions amongst some of us and we don't
need to further add to that.

--
Bryen Yunashko
openSUSE Board Member