Re: [opensuse-project] Coming up with a good Policy ...
  • From: Charles Kerr <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 07:07:09 -0500
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 5:25 AM, Lubos Lunak<l.lunak@xxxxxxx>

You can tell other GNOME contributors "openSUSE preselects
the most popular option, sorry" and be honest about it, and
then it is up to (plural) you to either say "world is cruel, let's
be depressed and weep" or "well, then we need to do
something about being even more popular".

Or possibly, "Hm, I wonder how Karmic is shaping up. Good
luck with growing the user-base, guys."

 But what am I to tell KDE contributors, current or potentionl?
I could try with "openSUSE values options the same, that's
why KDE and GNOME are given as completely equal choices",
but then how many are going to believe me when it can be
seen that no other options are handled the same?

You keep using this framing device. I'm very interested in
which other popular-competitors-in-a-component-used-by-
nearly-all-users-and-whose-choice-affects-dozens-of-
interconnected-applications "other options" you have in mind.

If you can cite of another such component that's preselected,
I will gladly concede everything you've said.

Charles