Re: [opensuse-project] Coming up with a good Policy ...
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:38:52 +0200
Disclaimer: this is one of my two daily mails on this topic.

Le jeudi 06 août 2009, à 10:03 +0200, Lubos Lunak a écrit :
On Thursday 06 of August 2009, Charles Kerr wrote:
Thank you for saying this. This has got to be the 10th time that
Lubos has gone decrying bias in the current choice. Imagine
taking this form around to 20 people:

Please choose one or more of these two, both excellent, choices:
[ ] Choice A
[ ] Choice B

Ask the people whether the form is biased towards A, B, or neither.

Please choose what do you want to do with the following items:

- Apple:
[x] eat it
[ ] look at it
[ ] throw it away

- Trousers
[x] wear it
[ ] wash it
[ ] iron it

- Car
[ ] sell it
[ ] drive it
[ ] repair it

Is it really that hard to see that the last one is different? Is that really
that hard to see that some people, since it is different from the other
choices, might see it for example as an advertisement for a car reseller
company?

There might be a cultural side of things here, or maybe something
related to personal taste... My first reaction was "why aren't your
items in an alphabetical order?".

Just trying to understand why some people disagree on this very specific
topic.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.