Re: [opensuse-project] Coming up with a good Policy ...
  • From: Charles Kerr <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 04:08:57 -0500
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:03 AM, Lubos Lunak<l.lunak@xxxxxxx> wrote:

- Apple:
[x] eat it
[ ] look at it
[ ] throw it away

- Car
[ ] sell it
[ ] drive it
[ ] repair it

 Is it really that hard to see that the last one is different?

We are in complete agreement that the last one is different.

If every third person walking to their car in the morning
were to choose "sell" -- as every third person installing
openSUSE chooses "GNOME" -- then I'd even say the
car example was relevant to the openSUSE install.
Unfortunately, the car example has one choice that's
many orders of magnitude more likely than the others.

Now that I've answered your question, please return
the favor by answering my previous letter's question.
Given this choice:

Please choose one or more of these two, both excellent, choices:
[ ] Choice A
[ ] Choice B

Please tell me which is biased: A, B, or neither.

cheers,
Charles