Re: [opensuse-project] Coming up with a good Policy ...
  • From: Matt Gray <mjg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:56:15 +0100
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Wednesday 05 August 2009 16:28:24 Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:

The proposal I liked was the change the selection to check boxes with both
selected. This keeps the status quo and allows easy deselection. Should

I do not consider this proposal practical since it does not answer whether
you
run GDM or KDM or whether a new at first login gets GNOME or KDE.

so, if you select both, we would have to ask the user - or make a default! -
about which of the selected desktops has the higher priority (meaning is the
default).

So, this is IMO not helping at all with the decision,
Andreas

agreed. if the intention is to create an easier more streamlined install
experience then this is not the way to do it.