Re: [opensuse-project] Coming up with a good Policy ...
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 17:22:24 -0600
On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Wednesday 05 August 2009 16:28:24 Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
The proposal I liked was the change the selection to check boxes with both
selected. This keeps the status quo and allows easy deselection. Should

I do not consider this proposal practical since it does not answer whether you
run GDM or KDM or whether a new at first login gets GNOME or KDE.

so, if you select both, we would have to ask the user - or make a default! -
about which of the selected desktops has the higher priority (meaning is the
default).

So, this is IMO not helping at all with the decision,

I think it is delaying the choice till the resources and DE can be used and a real choice may be made. I really do not like it that much but trying to find some common groud and a place put the real choice where it is more meaningful for the first time users.

But, I like your proposal the best.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx> 801 849-0213