Re: [opensuse-project] Coming up with a good Policy ...
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 21:04:39 +0200
On Wednesday 05 August 2009 16:28:24 Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
The proposal I liked was the change the selection to check boxes with both
selected. This keeps the status quo and allows easy deselection. Should

I do not consider this proposal practical since it does not answer whether you
run GDM or KDM or whether a new at first login gets GNOME or KDE.

so, if you select both, we would have to ask the user - or make a default! -
about which of the selected desktops has the higher priority (meaning is the
default).

So, this is IMO not helping at all with the decision,
Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, aj@{novell.com,opensuse.org}
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany