Re: [opensuse-project] Coming up with a good Policy ...
  • From: "Christian Jäger" <christian.jaeger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: 5 Aug 2009 15:46:06 +0200
Hello Lubos,

Am Mittwoch, den 05.08.2009, 15:35 +0200 schrieb Lubos Lunak:

- On the contrary, there have been presented reasons that the current
situation is unfair and might be considered offensive by our KDE community.

I fail to see how equal rights for both DEs present an offense to KDE.
Unless you carry the belief that there is some inherent 'superiority' of
the KDE desktop and that it has been made to rule over other DEs. Is it
the 'one ring to bind them all'? ;)

- when openSUSE ships several competing components, the most suitable, or,
failing a clear solution for that, the most popular one is preselected - fact
- the desktop selection is not handled the same way, since there is not a
clear decision on the most suitable component, and the most preferred
component is not preselected - fact
- this creates an exception that is not present elsewhere - fact
- this exception grants GNOME an advantage - fact

Not fact, your reasoning is flawed. A desktop-environment is completely
unlike 'components most suitable'.

Really, it's quite simple. If I still remembered it from the school, I could
probably write this in predicate logic and feed to Prolog to prove it
mathematically.

I'd really like to see that. I see your logic failing in the proposition
already.

And even if not, I think it's still quite clear for common
sense.

Common sense is nothing but a bad excuse for failing at logical
reasoning.