Re: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature 306967, Moblin default ...
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 14:54:37 +0200
Hello,

On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 14:06 +0200, Michael Loeffler wrote:

Due to upcoming feature freeze for openSUSE 11.2 we have only the
possibility to default the radio button to KDE.

Urk ... so my real concern here - how to get 'Moblin' listed as a third
(or more) option in the install page, is made obsolete by a feature
freeze ? [ I was really hoping we could get that in there - am I too
late ? ].

Is there any good documentation, how to get started with Moblin on
openSUSE (11.1 in my case)? I wanted give it a try on my desktop
machine, but it took some time to figure out which packages are needed
to get it running. Also I had some mysterious troubles, as glib2 needs
to be installed from this repo, but the one in the update repo had
higher priority. Once running, it was amazingly fast (core2duo, nVidia
graphics), but my first impression was, that it is rather something for
11.3...
Bye,
CzP