Re: [opensuse-project] Decision making for the distribution
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:35:05 +0200
Am Dienstag 04 August 2009 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
On Tuesday 04 August 2009 16:04:02 Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hi,

on 08/04/2009 03:11 PM Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Tuesday 04 August 2009 15:08:54 Vincent Untz wrote:
[...]
There was this proposal at some point that many people liked:
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Jproseve/CoreMaintainerProposal

I still think it's the right way forward.

What hinders us to implement something like that?

We have to get rid of Coolo 8)

He could be part of the team - consider cloning Coolo ;)
You know what? This is history repeating. KDE tried to get rid of Coolo
as only decision maker and elected a "Technical Work Group" and we found that
it's impractical to have a formal body to do technical decisions and now KDE
has a mailing list where people doing the work decide (that Coolo is no longer
part of that is bound to family not to KDE :)

Greetings, Stephan